IT’S MY BIRTHDAY MONTH!
Whether you believe in astrology or nah, I’m definitely a typical Leo. And thus, my birthday is celebrated over a whole month (in my eyes).
I also just think birthdays are a special time for renewal and starting new chapters. Since I’m not religious or particularly fond of Christmas, I celebrate my birthday hard.
Thus, I’m turning 25 in the next few days and I really liked the idea of reflecting on what I’ve managed to learn in the last two and half decades
- Coffee and gin are all I need to really be quite happy
- Learning to apologize is hard but it’s necessary to admit when you’re wrong
- Reflecting on your past behaviour is the best way to move forward
- Good friends are the family you choose, treat them like gold
- Man, fuck yo’ pride (really, don’t let your pride get in the way of amazing experiences)
- Try most things once, at least you’ll know what you don’t like.
- Some friendships are meant to last for a season, a reason or simply a lifetime.
- You can take the higher moral ground but sometimes people need to know they’re wrong
- The people who you meet at university shape your life in ways you may never comprehend
- Getting tattooed hurts, and yes people will ask you if it hurts for as long as you live
- Take as many photos of special moments as you can.
- Don’t forget to tell people how much you love them.
- Sometimes the best thing you can in a shitty situation is cry.
- Not everyone deserves your time, your love or your friendship.
- Naps/illicit substances and liquor are why people survive adulthood
- Trust your gut, it’s hardly ever wrong.
- Express yourself in any way you see fit
- It’s pretty okay to not know where your life is going sometimes – we don’t all have it figured out
- Failing at something is necessary. It may be the catalyst you need to make a difficult or radical decision
- If you wait for the right time, you will literally wait forever
- Things will fall apart and so will you.
- You don’t need to fix everyone.
- People will sometimes try and take advantage of your kindness – that doesn’t mean you need to be an asshole to the rest of the world.
- You can balance work, play and lead a full life.
- Lil’ Kim is the queen. Dassit.