So I was nominated for a Liebster Award. I felt like I had won an Oscar until I realised it was mainly a way to get new blogs some traction (which is pretty cool – I won’t lie). It’s also nominated by your peers (so fellow bloggers such as, etc etc).
I was given the nod by Paradox – the Blog and here are my dashing answers
- What is the strangest thing you’ve encountered? ( A person, an experience, a story)
One of the strangest things I’ve had to deal with, happened in my first year. I was a res kid at Rhodes University living on the ground floor. One night (or early morning) I heard tapping on my window. I thought it was one of my friends, until I saw it was a guy! A very drunk one, I might add who I didn’t know from a bar of soap. Long story short, he tried to put his hand through my window and demanded that I opened the door to let him in. Turned out he had been harassing a girl at our res and was convinced that A) she was his wife and B) he had seen Colin Farrell at one of the bars in town. Yeah, right.
- What is your favorite food?
Anything prawn or avo-related, really.
- What do you value in a friend / what do you think makes a good friend?
Honesty, loyalty and a sense of humour. As well as the ability to give some logical advice when I need it. I view my friends as extensions of who I am (somewhat) and I think a real, honest and kind friend is worth their weight in gold
- What was the best book you’ve read, and why?
I have many but probably Tithe by Holly Black. Her writing was the sheer essence of what I needed at fifteen and gave me the courage to be myself.
- If there was one mythical/ fantasical / non-existent thing/ invention or creature that you wished existed, what would it be?
Probably dragons because Khaleesi tendencies.
- How would you define beautiful?
It’s anything you want it to be. You can curate what you find to be aesthetically pleasing and look up to that. Or whatever
- Who inspires you, and why?
I think I’m inspired by a host of women and men, to be honest. It changes all the time. I can find inspiration in the way someone cooks or puts an item together. I have found myself drawn to people who represent themselves unapologetically and have entered the world swingin’. I guess it depends on my mood.
- What are your thoughts on feminism?
Essential, intersectional and filled with potential. It’s changed my life.
- What is one thing that you wish you could change about yourself, and why?
I don’t think I really would change anything. I’m healthy and pretty rad.
What’s not to love?
- Where is your favorite place to be, and why?
In bed. With a book. Oh, and nothing to do
- If you had to wear just one color for the rest of your life, what would it be?
All black, baby. I’m a bruja for life.
I’m in the process of writing up questions for my nominees and notifying them.